« VorigeDoorgaan »
HISTORY BIOGRAPHY MEMOIRS
1. Abelard and Heloisa: Letters of. With an account of their Lives, Amours and Misfortunes, by JOHN HUGHES. Together with the Poem of Eloisa to Abeilard, by POPE. Frontispiece. 12mo, contemporary calf. London, 1798.... ...$5.00
2. Addison. THE SPECTATOR. New Edition, carefully corrected from the originals, with historical, biographical and explanatory notes. Best Edition, printed from large type. With fine engraved portrait by Finden. 8 vols., 8vo, handsomely bound in contemporary English polished crimson half calf, marbled edges. Fine clean copy. London, 1819 ..$40.00
-THE SPECTATOR. Corrected from the originals, with a new biographical preface by N. OGLE. With pretty engraved frontispieces. 8 vols., small 12mo, contemporary calf skillfully rebacked, marbled edges. Nice Copy. London, 1827......$24.00 4. Addison (G.). THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS. With tinted plates. 8vo, cloth, uncut. London, 1853.... .$3.50
5. Aesop's Fables. A new version, chiefly from original sources, by THOMAS JAMES. With more than 100 fine woodcut illustrations from designs by John Tenniel. Crown 8vo, polished light-brown full calf gilt, gilt edges. London, John Murray, 1848:......$18.00
6. Alexander (William). THE HISTORY OF WOMEN, from the earliest antiquity to the present time; giving some account of almost every interesting particular concerning that sex among all nations, ancient and modern. 2 vols., 4to, half calf, sprinkled edges. London, 1779. .$20.00
Scarce. Fine copy of the Best Edition.
7. Alpine. BALL, JOHN, Editor. PEAKS, PASSES, and GLACIERS. Being Excursions by members of the Alpine Club. Both series complete. With numerous colored plates, folding maps, many illustrations and diagrams. 3 vols., 8vo, original cloth, uncut. scarce. London, 1859, 1862....
8. Ancient Spanish Ballads. HISTORICAL AND ROMANTIC. Translated with notes by J. G. LOCKHART. With numerous illustrations from drawings by celebrated artists, the borders and vignettes illuminated in gold and colors. 4to, contemporary red morocco gilt, gilt edges. London, 1842
.$10.00 9. Angling. FRANCIS (F.). A book on Angling, being a complete treatise on the Art of Angling in every Branch. With numerous illustrations. 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, 1872.. ...$2.00 -WALTON AND COTTON. THE COMPLETE ANGLER. With original memoirs and notes by Sir Harris Nicolas. With the Series of 61 engravings from designs by Stothard and Inskipp, all brilliant