MANAGING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY : The Strategic Imperative
PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 22 jun. 2016 - 500 pagina's
The book, now in its fifth edition, offers a comprehensive treatment of Intellectual Property concepts and their applications in Indian industry. It provides a strategic framework for IP management, leading to competitive advantage for a business enterprise. Besides explaining the conceptual framework and practices of IP management, the book discusses IP as a strategic tool, its commercial exploitation and strategies for risk management of IP. Web-based material comprising chapter-wise PowerPoint Presentations (PPTs) and Multiple Choice Questions is available at www.phindia.com/sople.
This book is primarily intended as a text for postgraduate students of management, students of engineering and those who are pursuing certificate, postgraduate diploma or degree courses in IPR. In addition, professionals and corporate decision-makers should find the text valuable.NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION
• A new chapter has been introduced on Filing Patent Applications.
• Numerous sections such as clinical research regulations, planned purification, combination therapy, alternate delivery, trade dress trademark protection, trademark caution notice, comparative advertising and trademark violation, contributory and vicarious infringement, two statutes for farmers’ rights, incremental innovation, piracy in fashion design, patentable or not patentable biotech inventions have now been incorporated in the respective chapters.
• More cases/caselets have been introduced in the present edition.
• Discusses IPs such as Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, Designs, Semiconductor Circuit Layouts and Geographical Indications, etc.
• Practices issues of IPRs in Cyber Space, Fashion Design, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical industry.
• Classifies systems in practice for various IPs.
• Provides IPRs legal provision in Indian context.
• Includes a comprehensive glossary of important terms.
• Encloses CD-ROM containing Intellectual Property Rights’ laws in India as per the latest amendments.
Wat mensen zeggen - Een review schrijven
We hebben geen reviews gevonden op de gebruikelijke plaatsen.
2 IP RIGHTS AND MARKETING REGULATIONS
3 IP MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
4 IP AUDITS
Part II Intellectual PropertyLegal Protection
5 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IPRs
17 IPRs IN FASHION INDUSTRY
18 IPRs IN BIOTECHNOLOGY SECTOR
Part IV Intellectual PropertyIntellecutal PropertyExploitation and Risk Coverage
19 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LICENSING
20 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INSURANCE
21 SECURITISATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
22 VALUATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
23 FILING PATENT APPLICATION
9 TRADE SECRETS
10 INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS
11 GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS GI
12 SEMICONDUCTOR INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LAYOUT DESIGN
13 THE PROTECTION OF PLANT VARIETIES AND FARMERS RIGHTS PPVFR
14 BIODIVERSITY AND TRADITIONAL KNOWLEDGE
Part III Intellectual PropertyIndustry Practices and Issues
15 IPRs IN CYBER SPACE
16 IPRs IN PHARMACEUTICAL SECTOR
Annexure 1 International Patent Classification Schemes
Annexure 2 International Schedule of Classes of Goods and Services for Trademarks
Annexure 3 Locarno Classification for Industrial Designs
Annexure 4 Information Sources on Intellectual Property Rights
Overige edities - Alles weergeven
activities agreement allows Amendment animals application assets associated audit benefits biological biotechnology brand claims Class competitive considered consumers copies cost countries Court covers create defendant drug economic effective engineering established example exclusive existing farmers fashion filed firm genetic Geographical Indications gives granted human important India industry infringement innovation intellectual property rights Internet invention involved issues knowledge known licensing limited manufacture mark material means methods nature obtained Office organisation original owner party patent patent application perform period person pharmaceutical plant possible practices prevent protection provides registered result sell similar Source specific strategy term trade secret trademark traditional knowledge TRIPS valuation variety various