« VorigeDoorgaan »
1. The spool of thread is true blue.
7. Mr. Lucy trailed the moose through the spruce wods.
8. In June Judith and Susan gathered the smooth, juicy fruit.
1. Did the goose find food in the cool pool ?
4. The blue bloom drooped in the heat of the July noon.
5. Sue sat on the stool while Julia shampooed her hair. 6 Luke and the cartoonist were cruising in a canoe.
7. Mr. Drew begged the groom to shoot the poor wounded brute.
8. The raccoon scooped the egg from the coop.
9. The prudent balloonist concluded to use the parachute.
10. Were you reproved at school for losing the rule?
11. The sloop and the pontoon were doomed when caught in the typhoon.
12. Louis was excluded from the junior room because of whooping cough. 13. “Oh for boyhood's time of June,
Crowding years in one brief moon!” 14. “Glorious flag, red, white and blue,
Emblem of the brave and true.'
Webster, à, ê
Funk and Wagnalls, ā Phonetic Symbol, ɛ:
1. Where are their chairs? 2. The daring heir seldom saw the fair Clare. 3. Forbear tearing their rare laces. 4. The chair is upstairs in the spare room. 5. Be careful not to wear garish jewelry. 6. Hair, fair, pair, and lair end like stair. 7. He declared that he was scared at the turn of affairs.
8. The girl aired the room and dusted the chairs carefully.
1. He will share his pears with you. 2. The hare did not care to meet the bear. 3. He stared and glared at the square on the stair. 4. Mr. Fair will repair the old chair carefully. 5. They stared at the child's bare feet and fair hair.
6. The fresh air and rare scenes drove their despair away.
7. Come to the fair prepared to share your fare with the fair pair.
8. The soldiers received care after the wear and tear of battle.
9. Hattie Hare looked scared as she stared at the sign, "Beware of the dog."
10. Erelong there was a blare of trumpets and a fare of torches where their hero stood.
11. "I shot an arrow into the air
It fell to earth I knew not where.'
12. "There gently lay the roots, and there
Sift the dark mold with kindly care."
1. Her verses were blurred by the surf. 2. Nurse said the worm was not a germ. 3. While Bertha churned, her sister stirred the curd. 4. The kitten curled up on the berth and purred. 5. Earl hurled the burning curtain to the curb. 6. Bertram told Herman that the pearl was sterling. 7. Ferns grow in the damp earth near the fir tree.
8. In a curt speech Percy urged the searchers to disperse.