« VorigeDoorgaan »
1. Please excuse those who sneeze. 2. Joe's nose and toes are frozen. 3. Sarah's mother cans plums, pears, and peaches. 4. Tears ooze from his eyes. 5. What is the size of his gloves and his shoes? 6. James says the boys teased the cows as they grazed. 7. On rainy days Rose reads or sews.
8. Mrs. Wise says she saw clouds, birds, trees, and flowers.
9. Close the window or the breeze will freeze the rose.
10. Isidore hears the noise of the buzz-saw in the woods.
11. Close your eyes and doze until Daisy brings the crackers and cheese. 12. “Brothers, sisters, husbands, wives,
Followed the Piper for their lives.'
Final Consonant Combinations
abz, ebz, ibz, oobz, ubz, obz
Pronounce the final combinations distinctly:
bz cabs ebbs robes globes cubes crabs babes webs shrubs tribes
thz mouths lathes oaths smoothes tithes writhes truths soothes clothes seethes
1. The squirrel robs the corn cribs.
6. The life-saver dives beneath the waves and saves lives.
7. The youths cut the grass along the paths with scythes.
8. The athlete breathes deeply and bathes frequently.
1. Are the mer's lanieros in the inines?
2. The teams drew many tons oi beans to the factory.
3. Mrs. Holmes bought buns and raisins. 4. Helen's cousin washed the spoons and the pans. 5. The robins search for worms on the lawns. 6. A dozen frozen desserts were chosen. 7. During the winter season the streams are frozen.
The prisoners in the chasm proved their heroism.
sh is a breathed consonant
Equivalents: s as in sugar; si as in excursion; ce as in
Drill: shah, sha, shee, shoo, show, shaw
ash, esh, ish, oosh, ush, osh
This sound occurs initially, finally, and medially:
1. Charlotte showed the shopper the shining shuttle.
4. She said that she was sure that the sugar was on the shelf.
dash mesh fish bush slush wash
militia bushes crushed pension motion vicious
delicious machine blushing usher splashing precious vacation
1. Do you wish the fresh fish placed in the dish ?
5. Sam polished his shoes with the brush until they shone.
6. Lucretia wished to become a musician.
8. The sheet of still water shimmered and shone in the moonshine.
9. The physician sent shaving-soap ard brushes to the official and his associates.
10. The shattered ship on the ocean showed no signs of life to the patient watchers on the shore.
11. Washington, Michigan, and New Hampshire are in the northern section of the United States.
12. Shaking and shivering, she waded the shallow stream, holding a string of fish over her shoulder. 13. Jove! Jove! this Shepherd's passion Is much upon my fashion.