« VorigeDoorgaan »
By T. BECKET, Corner of the Adelphi Buildings in the STRAND,
Bookfeller to their Royal Highneffes the Prince of WALES and Bishop of OSNĄBURGH,
FABLES DE LA FONTAINE,
Printed at PARIS, in Four Volumes Folio.
This very magnificent Work is propofed to the Publick at only Eight Guineas in Sheets, being but Half the original Price.
This Edition, which coft the Artifts near twenty Years Labour, and the Proprietors upwards of Fourteen thousand Pounds Sterling, is undoubtedly one of the moft fuperb Monuments ever erected to the Memory of an Author.
It is printed with a new Letter, on a fine Paper, manufactured exprefsly for the Work; every Fable being ornamented by a Head and Tail-piece, defigned in a new Tafte, by M. BACHELIER, and executed by M. T. PAPILLON and LE SUEUR.
To the Beauty this Work derives from the Printing-prefs, is alfo added the capital Embellishment of no less than Two HUNDRED and SEVENTY-SIX Copper-plates; the Defigns applicable to the Subjects, drawn after Nature, by OUDRY, one of the most celebrated Painters France ever produced for delineating the Animal Creation. The Engravings by the most expert Artists in their several Departments, under the Direction of the celebrated M. COCHIN; who revised and fụperintended the Whole.
LA FONTAINE's Life is prefixed, containing many Anecdotes of that exquifite Fabulift, not to be met with elsewhere.
**Such Ladies and Gentlemen who are defirous of being poffeffed of this magnificent Work, are requefted to favour the Proprietors with their Commands.
The following BOOKS are published by T. BECKET.
2. An Introduction to the Hiftory of Great Britain and Ireland. The
3. Memoirs of Ruffia, from the Year 1727 to the Year 1744. Tran-
5. A Journal of the Swedish Ambaffy, in the Years 1653 and 1654,
** This very curious and valuable Work is printed from the Author's own Manufcript (which is depofited in the British Museum for public Infpection) and at the Requeft of his Grandfon Carleton Whitelocke, of Prior's Wood, near Dublin, Efq; of Lord Chancellor Bowes, late of the Kingdom of Ireland; of Archbishop Secker, late Primate of all England; and of Arthur Onflow, Efq; late Speaker of the House of Commons.
6. Dr. Goldfmith's Hiftory of England, to the Acceffion of his prefent Majefty. Illuftrated with the Heads of all the Kings and Queens. 4 Vols. 8vo. 11. 4 s. bound.
7. Atkyn's Antiquities of Glocefterfhire. With a great Number of
fine Plates. Folio. Large Paper. 31. 3s.
8. The fame Book. Small Paper. 21. 10 s.
9. Harrington's Works. New Edition. Royal Quarto. 11. Is. 10. Ludlow's Memoirs. New Edition. Royal Quarto. 1. s. 11. The Works of Algernon Sidney. New Edition. Royal Quarto.
Il. 7 s.
12. Addison's Works. Beautifully printed by Baskerville. Royal Quarto. 41. 4s.
13. Pope's Works. New Edition. 6 Vols. 12mo. 14. Homer. New Edition. 9 Vols. 12mo. 15. Ditto. New Edition. 9 Vols. Small 8vo.
11. 115. 6d.