« VorigeDoorgaan »
3. Jack and Harry slept in the tent.
9. Pat bought a head of lettuce and a head of cabbage. 10. The traveler left for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, at ten o'clock.
Substitution of One Sound for Another
o as in odd for u as in up
po pu, to tu, ko ku, bo bu, do du, go gu
1. John shut the shop door.
2. Bunny hopped upon the stump.
3. The puppy runs to Donald.
4. Polly hung the cup on the pump.
5. "Cluck, cluck, cluck," said the mother hen.
6. The hunter shot the duck near the dock.
7. Poppies, sunflowers, and bachelor's buttons grew near the cottage.
8. Tom Dunning cut a notch in the trunk of the cottonwood.
9. Robert McDuffee gave his father a watch and his mother a clock.
1. Mr. Fuller couldn't get a Pullman seat.
2. The cook made a good pudding for the butcher. 3. Mr. Brooks stood at the foot of the pulpit. 4. The woodsman mistook the wolf for a bush. 5. The brook flows through Mr. Wolsey's wood. 6. The woman put the woolen hood on the hook. 7. Mr. Bull shook fully a bushel of berries from the bushes.
1. Woodbine grows in a nook in the wood.
2. Look! Look at the pussy willows by the brook. 3. The woodchuck shook when he saw the wolf.
4. The good woman put a cushion under the crooked foot.
5. Put the bulletin and the book on the wooden bench. 6. Mother looked at the cook book thoughtfully. 7. The woman's pail was full of sugar.
8. "Could he cook a bushel of corn at once?" asked Hester Hooker.
9. Fred Foote stood by the brook in the wood baiting his hook.
10. Will Crooke pulled the rope from the pulley and took it to Mr. Wolfe.
11. "I would if I could; if I couldn't, how could I? I couldn't unless I could, could I?"
12. "Little fishes in the brook,
Brother catch them with a hook."
13. "May's in all the Italian books, She has old and modern nooks."
14. "Grove and lane and meadow full
Sparkle with their shining wool."
1. Gilbert will weed the beets.
2. The weeping willow limb dipped into the stream. 3. Sweet Williams grow in Eva's sister's garden. 4. Lucy Hood searched the room for her book. 5. The goose looked at the minnows in the brook. 6. Luke threw the hook into a pool in the woods. 7. Lee will feed the chickens and the geese at six o'clock.
Rufus Cook and Reuben Crook took the books to the book room.