« VorigeDoorgaan »
1. Otto left the harrow in the fallow.
2. Orlando plays the cello and Alfonso the piano. 3. Antonio put the yellow candle in the window.
4. We saw the willow's shadow in the shallow stream. To-morrow we will follow the rabbit to his burrow in the hollow.
6. Lorenzo Bellows knows the yarrow, the mallow, and the meadow rue.
1. There were burrs in the bear's fur.
2. Mrs. Blair shirred Pearl's silk skirt.
3. The tiger lurked near his lair.
4. The scared hare heard the whir of wings.
7. The girls moved the chairs and the churn.
Omission of a Vowel Sound
Do not omit a vowel sound in these words:
1. The balloon was ruined by the storm.
2. The literary critic praised the poem.
3. Mr. Sanders took his family to the theater on Saturday.
4. The polite lady thanked the policeman for directing her to the library.
5. In February the pupils began the study of history and civil government.
Addition of a Vowel Sound
Do not add a vowel sound in these words:
1. Henry will hold the folded shawl. 2. Mr. Hall sold the old umbrella.
3. Nora called at Mrs. Ball's home.
4. The tall boy rolled the ball to Paul.
5. The trembling child stood in the cold hall.
6. The classes in athletics were assembling in the gymnasium.
7. The servant thought the gold was hidden away in the old chimney.
8. "If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Cæsar answered it."
The Sound of i as in ice
This sound is a diphthong (a in aski in it)
1. The tired miner lighted his pipe.
2. Ira piled the tiles beside the fireplace.
3. I will ride a mile on my bicycle.
4. Jeremiah likes to study science.
5. The kind guide built a fire of pine knots.