« VorigeDoorgaan »
3. Sarah's mother cans plums, pears, and peaches.
4. Tears ooze from his eyes.
5. What is the size of his gloves and his shoes?
6. James says the boys teased the cows as they grazed. 7. On rainy days Rose reads or sews.
8. Mrs. Wise says she saw clouds, birds, trees, and flowers.
9. Close the window or the breeze will freeze the rose. 10. Isidore hears the noise of the buzz-saw in the
11. Close your eyes and doze until Daisy brings the crackers and cheese.
12. "Brothers, sisters, husbands, wives,
Followed the Piper for their lives."
1. The squirrel robs the corn cribs.
2. Put the tubes and the knobs into the tubs.
3. The cabs were hidden by the shrubs.
Rose wears Steve's gloves when she drives.
5. There were no stoves in the caves.
6. The life-saver dives beneath the waves and saves lives.
7. The youths cut the grass along the paths with scythes.
8. The athlete breathes deeply and bathes frequently.
1. Are the men's lanterns in the mines?
2. The teams drew many tons of beans to the fac
3. Mrs. Holmes bought buns and raisins.
Helen's cousin washed the spoons and the pans. 5. The robins search for worms on the lawns.
A dozen frozen desserts were chosen.
7. During the winter season the streams are frozen. 8. The prisoners in the chasm proved their heroism.
sh is a breathed consonant
Equivalents: s as in sugar; si as in excursion; ce as in ocean; ci as in delicious; ch as in Chicago; ti as in nation.
Drill: shah, sha, shee, shoo, show, shaw
This sound occurs initially, finally, and medially:
1. Charlotte showed the shopper the shining shuttle.
2. The shepherd sheared the sheep with a sharp shears. Shirley shared the sherbet with Miss Sherman.
4. She said that she was sure that the sugar was on the shelf.
1. Do you wish the fresh fish placed in the dish? 2. Mrs. Fisher finished crocheting the tam-o'-shanter. 3. Felicia showed the Persian shawl to Marcia.
4. Horatio pushed the squash under the bush.
5. Sam polished his shoes with the brush until they shone. 6.
Lucretia wished to become a musician.
7. The fisherman showed the shell fish to Mr. Ashmore. 8. The sheet of still water shimmered and shone in the moonshine.
9. The physician sent shaving-soap and brushes to the official and his associates.
10. The shattered ship on the ocean showed no signs of life to the patient watchers on the shore.
11. Washington, Michigan, and New Hampshire are in the northern section of the United States.
12. Shaking and shivering, she waded the shallow stream, holding a string of fish over her shoulder.
13. Jove! Jove! this Shepherd's passion
Is much upon my fashion.