« VorigeDoorgaan »
FOURTH SERIES, VOLUME III.
JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, 1845.
PUBLISHED BY WILLIAM CROSBY.
NEW YORK: C. S. FRANCIS & CO.
LONDON: JOHN CHAPMAN, 121 NEWGATE ST.
History of Europe from the Commencement of
the French Revolution in 1789 to the Restoration
of the Bourbons in 1815. By Archibald Alison,
II. ON THE RELUCTANCE TO PRAY,
III.-FESTIVALS OF THE ANCIENT CHRISTIANS,
Denkwürdigkeiten aus der Christlichen Archäologie;
mit beständiger Rücksicht auf die gegenwärtigen
Bedürfnisse der Christlichen Kirche, von D. Johann
1. An Address delivered before the Society of the
Alumni of Harvard University, August 27, 1844. By
2. An Oration delivered at Cambridge, before the Phi
Beta Kappa Society in Harvard University, August
Lectures on certain High-Church Principles com-
monly designated by the term Puseyism. By
1. Expository Lectures, on the principal Passages of
the Scriptures, which relate to the Doctrine of the
2. Lectures on Christian Doctrine. By Andrew P.
NOTICES OF RECENT PUBLICATIONS.
Hildreth's Theory of Morals,
Choules's Reprint of Neal's History of the Puritans,
Sparks's Library of American Biography, Vol. iii,
Colman's European Agriculture and Rural Econo-
Notes on Cuba,
Flint's Historical Address,-Eaton's Poem,
Burnap's Discourse on Duties of Citizen Soldier,—
Emerson's Address on Emancipation in West
Indies, Greeley's Address before Literary Socie-
ties of Hamilton College,-Hodges's Address at
Laying Corner-stone of Meeting-house in Somer-
ville, Sargent's Lecture on the late Improve-
ments in Steam Navigation and the Arts of Naval
Warfare-Peabody's Lecture before Portsmouth
Lyceum,-Remarks on Rev. Mr. Putnam's Phi
Religious Intelligence.-Ecclesiastical Record,—Protes-
tant Episcopal Church,-Ordinations,-Dedication,
Literary Intelligence.-New Works,-Common Schools,
Lectures,—Unitarian Works Abroad,
Miscellaneous Intelligence.—Replies to the Address of
or the Doctrine of the Resurrection of
the Body, rationally and Scripturally considered.
2. Poems. By Frances Anne Butler.
3. Poems. By Christopher Pearse Cranch.
4. Irish Girl; and other Poems. By Sarah Ellis.
5. Gonzalvo: or the Fall of Grenada. By Charles
6. The Waif: a Collection of Poems.
7. Conversations on some of the Old Poets. By
VII. MASSACHUSETTS BOARD OF EDUCATION,
1. Eighth Annual Report of the Board of Education,
with the Eighth Annual Report of the Secretary
2. Abstract of the Massachusetts School Returns for
3. Remarks on the Seventh Annual Report of the
4. Reply to the “Remarks” of Thirty-one Boston
Schoolmasters on the Seventh Annual Report of
the Secretary of the Massachusetts Board of Edu-
5. Observations on a Pamphlet entitled "Remarks
on the Seventh Annual Report of the Hon. Horace
VIII.-LIFE AND DISCOURSES OF THE LATE REV. G. W.
Practical Discourses. By George Wadsworth
1. Fourth Quarterly Report of the Executive Com-
mittee of the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches.
2. Obstacles to the Truth. A Sermon. By John