Plan future organizational success!
- Keep ASP team members up to speed with this "quick study"
- Put all of your ASP Planning team members "in the know" with the Introduction
- Keep all of your team members on track with this visual reminder of the process
This comprehensive OD resource is a powerful aid to consultants engaged in implementing strategic planning with organizational-planning teams. The Kit is based on the ASP model that consists of two ongoing phases: Environmental Monitoring and Application Considerations, and nine sequential steps that the planning team follows:
- Planning to Plan
- Values Scan
- Mission Formulation
- Strategic Business Modeling
- Performance Audit
- Gap Analysis
- Integrating Action Plans
- Contingency Planning
"We have been using the [Applied Strategic Planning] process in our agency and it has helped us to focus and provide needed leadership, given the extAnded budge crisis and constant change."
—Ramon J. Rodriguez, deputy executive director, New York State Division of Equalization and Assessment
Components of The ASP Kit:
Applied Strategic Planning: The Consultant's Kit: Includes a 554 page looseleaf binder containing 79 up-to-date strategic-planning activities to guide the planning team through each step of the strategic-planning process. Some activities call for supplemental items; most are complete within themselves. Notes to the Consultant and an Overview of Activities begin each chapter. A color transparency of the ASP model is included. One copy of each of the following components is also included (each item below may also be purchased separately):
- Applied Strategic Planning: A Comprehensive Guide: (ISBN: 070240205/hardcover/380 pages/$49.95)Provides an in-depth outline of the strategic-planning process.
- Applied Strategic Planning: An Introduction: (ISBN: 0883903180/72 pages/$20.00) Provides a basic understanding of the ASP process to members of the planning team and other key members who need to understand the process.
- Applied Strategic Planning: An Overview: (ISBN: 0883903199/paperback/6 pages/$6.00) A brief synopsis of the process, what needs to happen during each phase, and how to implement the plan.
- Applied Strategic Planning Model Handout & Poster: (Handout/ISBN: 0883904489/8-1/2"X11"/6.00 & Poster/ISBN: 0883903377/27" X 34"/25.00) Full-color model in handout and poster formats.
- Diagnosing Organizational Culture Instrument: (ISBN: 0883903164/paper/32 pages/$12.00) This instrument helps identify and evaluate significant cultural patterns within the organization.
- Diagnosing Organizational Culture Trainer's Package: (ISBN: 0883905329/$28.00) Includes a training manual (paper/57 pages)and one copy of the Diagnosing Organizational Culture Instrument.C&RT (Creativity and Risk Taking Instrument): (ISBN: 0883900254/paper/24 pages/$12.50) This instrument assesses individuals' creativity and risk-taking orientations.
With The ASP Kit, you'll be able to:
- Lead an organization through the ASP process -- from planning through implementation
- Guide a planning team through each phase of this powerful design
- Introduce a strategic-planning approach that gives optimum clarity and results
- Assist the team in identifying significant patterns within the organization
- Support the organization's development of a strategic plan that will ensure future success
TIMING: Approximately 3 days per component (12 days per year)
AUDIENCE: Managers and top executives (active participants in the ASP process)