« VorigeDoorgaan »
UNIFORM WITH THE STANDARD LIBRARY,
BARBAULD'S (MRS.) SELECTIONS FROM THE SPECTATOR, TATLER,
BRITISH POETS, from MILTON to KIRKE WHITE, Cabinet Edition, comprising, in a
CARY'S TRANSLATION OF DANTE. Extra cloth. 7s. 6d.
CATTERMOLE'S EVENINGS AT HADDON HALL 24 exquisite Engravings on
CHILLINGWORTH'S RELIGION OF PROTESTANTS. 3s. 6d.
CLASSIC TALES; comprising the Vicar of Wakefield, Elizabeth, Paul and Virginia,
DICKSON AND MOWBRAY ON POULTRY, Edited by MRS. LOUDON, Illustra-
HORACE'S ODES AND EPODES, translated literally and rhythmically by the Rev.
IRVING'S (WASHINGTON) WORKS. Complete in 10 Vols. 17. 15., or 3s. 6d. per vol.
LAMARTINE'S POETICAL MEDITATIONS AND RELIGIOUS HARMONIES,
LAWRENCE'S LECTURES ON COMPARATIVE ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY,
LOWTH'S LECTURES ON THE SACRED POETRY OF THE HEBREWS. 3s. 6d.
NORWAY. A Road Book for Tourists in Norway, with Hints to English Sportsmen and
PARKES ELEMENTARY CHEMISTRY, incorporating the CATECHISM. New
SHAKSPEARE'S PLAYS AND POEMS, by CHALMERS, in 1 Vol., 3s. 6d.
the same, with 40 Steel Engravings, cloth, gilt edges, 5s.
STANDARD LIBRARY CYCLOPEDIA OF POLITICAL, CONSTITUTIONAL,
This work contains as much as eight ordinary octavos. It was first published in another shape
The same, on fine paper, with 8 new Illustrations by LEECH and GILBERT,
THE WIDE. WIDE WORLD, by ELIZABETH WETHERELL. Complete in 1 Volume,
The same. Illustrated with 9 highly finished Engravings on Steel, richly
UNIFORM WITH THE STANDARD LIBRARY.
BOHN'S SCIENTIFIC LIBRARY.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 5s., excepting those marked otherwise.
1. STAUNTON'S CHESS PLAYER'S HAND-BOOK, with Diagrams.
2. LECTURES ON PAINTING, by THE ROYAL ACADEMICIANS.
3, 4, 8, & 15. HUMBOLDT'S COSMOS; or, Sketch of a Physical Description of
5. STAUNTON'S CHESS PLAYER'S COMPANION, comprising a New Treatise on
6. HAND-BOOK OF GAMES, by VARIOUS AMATEURS and PROFESSORS.
10. STOCKHARDT'S PRINCIPLES OF CHEMISTRY, Exemplified in Simple Expe-
11 DR. G. A. MANTELL'S PETRIFACTIONS AND THEIR TEACHINGS; A
13, 19, & 28. HUMBOLDT'S PERSONAL NARRATIVE OF HIS TRAVELS IN
14. PYE SMITH'S GEOLOGY AND SCRIPTURE. Fifth Edition, with Memoir.
17. STAUNTON'S CHESS TOURNAMENT, with Diagrams.
18 & 20. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. KIRBY on the History, Habits, and
22. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. WHEWELL'S Astronomy and General Physics,
23. SCHOUW'S EARTH, PLANTS, AND MAN, and KOBELL'S SKETCHES
25. BACON'S NOVUM ORGANUM AND ADVANCEMENT OF LEARNING.
26 & 27. HUMPHREY'S COIN COLLECTOR'S MANUAL: a popular introduction
29. COMTE'S PHILOSOPHY OF THE SCIENCES, Edited from the 'Cours de
30. MANTELL'S (DR.) GEOLOGICAL EXCURSIONS, including THE ISLE OF
31. HUNT'S POETRY OF SCIENCE; or, Studies of the Physical Phenomena of
32 & 33. ENNEMOSER'S HISTORY OF MAGIC, Translated from the German by
BOHN'S SCIENTIFIC LIBRARY.
35. HANDBOOK OF DOMESTIC MEDICINE, by an eminent Physician (700 pages).
38. JOYCE'S SCIENTIFIC DIALOGUES. New and Enlarged Edition, completed
40. BLAIR'S CHRONOLOGICAL TABLES. REVISED AND ENLARGED; compre-
41. BOLLEY'S MANUAL OF TECHNICAL ANALYSIS; a Guide for the Testing of
43 & 46. CARPENTER'S ZOOLOGY; revised and completed to the present time,
20. LIFE OF WELLINGTON, by "AN OLD SOLDIER," compiled from the materials of
22. BECHSTEIN'S CAGE and CHAMBER BIRDS, including SWEET'S Warblers.
23. NORWAY AND ITS SCENERY, comprising PRICE's Journal, with large Addi-
*. The Road Book is sold separately, price 2s.
24. CHINA: PICTORIAL, DESCRIPTIVE, AND HISTORICAL, with some account of Ava and the Burmese, Siam and Assam. Illustrated by 100 Wood Engravings. 25. PICTORIAL HAND-BOOK OF LONDON, comprising its Antiquities, Architec
ture, Arts, Manufactures, Trade, Social, Literary, and Scientific Institutions, Exhibitions, and Galleries of Art. With 205 Engravings on wood, and large Map. 26. MARY HOWITT'S PICTORIAL CALENDAR OF THE SEASONS. Upwards of 100 Illustrations.
27. DANTE, translated into English Verse by I. C. WRIGHT, M.A. Third Edition, carefully revised. Portrait, and 34 Illustrations on Steel, after FLAXMAN.
28 & 29. MUDIE'S BRITISH BIRDS. Fifth Edition, revised by W. C. L. MARTIN, Esq. Complete in 2 Vols., with 52 figures of Birds, and 7 additional Plates of Eggs. (Or, with the Plates Coloured, 7s. 6d. per Vol.)
30. TASSO'S JERUSALEM DELIVERED, translated into English Verse, by J. H. WIFFEN. 4th Edition. 24 Engravings on Wood, and 8 on Steel.
31. INDIA: PICTORIAL, DESCRIPTIVE, AND HISTORICAL, from the Earliest Times to the Present. Map and upwards of 100 Engravings on Wood.
32. NICOLINI'S HISTORY OF THE JESUITS. Portraits of Loyola, Lainez, Xavier, Borgia, Acquaviva, Pere la Chaise, Ricci, and Pope Ganganelli.
33. ROBINSON CRUSOE, with Illustrations by STOTHARD and HARVEY, 12 beautiful Engravings on Steel, and 74 on Wood.
34. WALKER'S MANLY EXERCISES; containing Skating, Riding, Driving, Shooting, Sailing, Rowing, Swimming, &c. Tenth Edilion, revised, with numerous Plates. 35. MILLER'S HISTORY OF THE ANGLO-SAXONS, on the basis of SHARON TURNER. With Index, Portrait of Alfred, Map of Saxon Britain, and 12 Engravings on Steel after Harvey.
36. MICHAEL ANGELO AND RAPHAEL. By DUPPA and QUATREMERE DE QUINCY. With 13 highly-finished Engravings, including the Cartoons.
37. WALTON'S COMPLETE ANGLER; with Notes, practical and historical. Edited by ED. JESSE and HENRY G. BOHN. Embellished with 203 Engravings on Wood, price 5s.; or with the addition of 26 Engravings on Steel, 7s. 6d.
38. MARRYAT'S MASTERMAN READY; complete in 1 vol., with 93 Engravings on Wood. Post 8vo.
39. TALES OF THE GENII. With numerous Wood cuts and 12 Steel Engravings. 40. GUIDE TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF POTTERY AND PORCELAIN; comprising the BERNAL CATALOGUE, with the Auction Prices and Names of the present Possessors; an Introductory Essay, and an Engraved List of all the known Marks and Monograms. By II. G. BOHN. Numerous Wood Engravings. 41. THE LIFE OF ALEXANDER POPE, including many of his Letters. By ROBERT CARRUTHERS. Revised and considerably enlarged; numerous Wood Engravings. 42. POPE'S HOMER'S ILIAD. Illustrated by the entire Series of Flaxman's Designs, beautifully engraved by Moses (in the full 8vo. size). With Introduction and Notes, by the Rev. J. S. WATSON, M.A.
43. BONOMI'S NINEVEH AND ITS PALACES. New Edition, revised and considerably enlarged; including a full Account of the Assyrian Sculptures recently added to the National Collection. Upwards of 300 fine Engravings.
44. POPE'S HOMER'S ODYSSEY. With the Battle of Frogs and Mice, Hymns, &c., by other Translators, including CHAPMAN. With the entire Series of Flaxman's Designs (in the full 8vo. size). Edited by the Rev. J. S. WATSON, M.A.
45 & 50. POPE'S POETICAL WORKS, edited by ROBERT CARRUTHERS Edition, revised. With numerous Engravings on Wood. In 2 volumes. 46. STUART AND REVETT'S ATHENS and other MONUMENTS OF GREECE. 71 Plates and numerous Woodcut Capitals. To which is added a Glossary. 47. LINDSAY'S (LORD) LETTERS ON EGYPT AND THE HOLY LAND. Fifth Edition, with additions, and 36 Wood Engravings and Maps.
48 & 52. ARIOSTO'S ORLANDO FURIOSO, in English Verse by W. S. ROSE. New edition, with a short Memoir of the Translator. With 12 fine Engravings on steel, including a Portrait after Titian. Complete in 2 vols.
49. KRUMMACHER'S PARABLES, translated from the seventh German Edition. With 40 Illustrations by CLAYTON, engraved by DALZIEL.
51. LEIGH HUNT'S BOOK FOR A CORNER, with 80 extremely beautiful Wood Engravings, and a Frontispiece engraved on Steel.
AN ACCOUNT OF RARE, CURIOUS, AND USEFUL BOOKS, PUBLISHED
WILLIAM THOMAS LOWNDES.
NEW EDITION, REVISED, CORRECTED AND ENLARGED,
HENRY G. BOHN, YORK STREET, COVENT GARDEN.