« VorigeDoorgaan »
Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1853,
BY GEO. P. PUTNAM & CO.,
in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York.
Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1875, by
J. B. LIPPINCOTT & CO.,
In the Office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington.
J. F. Alexand
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
253. On Detraction among bad Poets-Pope's Essay on Criti
255. Uses of Ambition-Fame difficult to be obtained,
256. Subject-Disadvantages of Ambition,
262. The Spectator's Success-Caution in Writing-an-
nounces his criticism on Milton,
265. Female Head-dress-Will Honeycomb's Notions of it,
267. Criticism on Paradise Lost,